Monday, August 29, 2011

Gharvada

My mom makes this snack from leftover simple khichdi, you can also use leftover rice instead of Khichdi.

1 Cup cooked plain Khichdi/Rice
1/2 Cup Besan
1/2 T Sp Turmeric
1/2 T Sp Garlic Paste
1/2 T Sp Ginger Paste
1 Green Pepper - Finely chopped
1 T Sp Red Chili Powder
Salt to Taste
1/2 T Sp Cumin-Coriander Powder
Cilantro 
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
Oil 

  • Mix all the ingredients except oil
  • Spray griddle or skillet with oil
  • Heat and pour the batter
  • Spread evenly 
  • Turn when browned and continue cooking on other side
  • Serve hot with Tomato ketchup or Sliced onion mixed with Salt and Lemon Juice.
You can even fry as dumplings.

Simple Khichdi : Rice and mung lentils boiled and cooked until tender, only salt is added for flavor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I like to know this recipe... can u upload a picture of this recipe, so I will have an idea of how it will look like....

Thanks

Falguni said...

Sure, I will upload the picture as soon as possible. I made this dish over this weekend to go with masala chai for Saturday breakfast. Thanks for visiting my blog.